Neighborhood Improvement Program
Commercial Loan Programs
Downpayment Assistance/ Affordable Housing
Carver Heights Townhomes
Highland Park Village
Applications and Forms
Community Redevelopment Agency
Small Business Administration
(SBA) - has numerous publications on starting a business and valuable information to help turn your entrepreneurial dream into a thriving new business. They also offer training programs. Please visit their
website or call 1-800-827-5722.
offers a wealth of information on the following subjects:
Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships and Corporations
Franchise and Business Opportunities
State and Federal Trademarks
State Procurement Opportunities
Internal Revenue Service
- Small Business and Self-Employed Community Website offering Online Classrooms at your own convenience on accurate tax rules and regulations.
Broward College (BCC)
- Professional Education Curriculum providing a training series for Entrepreneurs to set up a business in Florida. visit:
Check out the "Your Business" section of the Monday Edition of the
for a listing of Business Seminars in South Florida.
H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship
at Nova Southeastern University - runs interdisciplinary programs that teach students how to run their own businesses. Students in the program tend to fall into four categories - those who want to be entrepreneurial in a large corporation, those who will one day run a family business, those who want to start a business or those who hope to acquire one. Visit:
or call 1-800-672-7223.
The Broward Alliance
The Broward Alliance is Broward County's official public/private partnership for economic development. Its mission is to lead Broward County in building a stronger and more diverse economy by stimulating the creation of new jobs and capital investment while facilitating the growth and retention of businesses in Broward Country. Services offered by The Broward Alliance include assistance with business relocation or expansion and site selection; incentive programs and informational market research; small, minority-and women-owned business assistance; film permitting; government liaison and community resource referrals for film and television; and serving as a liasion for workforce development between educational institutions and the business community. To learn more, please visit
or call (954) 524-3113.
Florida Businesses Encouraged to Hire Persons with Disabilities
Business and government leaders across Florida joined persons with disabilities in recognizing Disability Mentoring Day. Part of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, the event brings together community business leaders as mentors to persons with disabilities interested in exploring employment opportunities.
Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service website.
Hallandale Beach Chamber of Commerce
Put yourself on the map!
My BIZ for Women
An information clearing house for women entrepreneurs providing information on small business financing, government contracting and starting and expanding a business and more.
Small Business Administration Intermediary - offers a class on how to get anSBA loan and start a business: Meetings: 10:00 A.M. Wednesdays Phone: 305-681-9600
Micro Business USA
Helps start-up businesses through business training and loans of $500 to $25,000. Meetings: 6:30 P.M. Monday through Wednesday.Phone: 305-438-1407
First Florida Capital
Private non-profit that offers the SBA's 504 loan program.Phone: 888-320-5504
Florida Venture Forum
A networking group that identifies sources of capital and assists in business plan writing. Phone: 305-446-5060
South Florida Regional Planning Council
The Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) provides business financing for eligible projects within Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe counties.
"Hot Ideas for Small and Growing Businesses" - From the Publisher of Florida Trend Magazine.
Office of Insurance Regulation
Property and Casualty Joint Underwriters Association.
Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- "Counselors to America's Small Business" provides entrepreneurs with free, confidential face-to-face and online business counseling, workshops and mentoring. visit:
or call 1-800-634-0245
MetroBroward Economic Development Corp
- Metro Broward is the only certified Community Development Financial Institution(CDFI) exclusively serving Broward County. The Entrepreneurial Institute was formed in collaboration with Broward Community College and The South Florida Regional Planning Council. The partnership represents a collective response to the repeated requests from prospective and existing entrepreneurs for a one stop resource that would provide "real world" and hands on" advise, coaching, technical assistance and education for starting, growing/funding and maintaining a competitive small business. visit:
or call 954-587-3755
Broward County Extension Education Division FastTrac New Venture
- Ground zero for anyone interested in starting a business. An educational program created by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. FastTrac is designed to help you evaluate and perfect your business concept. Taught by seasoned entrepreneurs, FastTrac's hands-on program uses your idea as a case study, giving you an opportunity to "workshop" your venture in a safe and supportive environment. visit:
or call 954-370-3725.
America Association of Home-based Business
- A national, non-profit organization formed to support and promotes home-based businesses. Visit:
or call 1800-447-9710.
National Association for the Self-Employed
- has several tools and features that you should find useful if you're considering buying or starting a business or franchise. visit:
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF)
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) is a national leader in financing nonprofits, strengthening their financial health and improving their capacity to serve their communities. With NFF's help, nonprofits build and renovate facilitates, fund growth needs, and expand and sustain operations over time.
Florida League of Cities Legislative Bulletin
An update on the top legislative stories in Florida
Located at the geographic and commercial crossroads of the Americas, Florida has emerged as a key global trade hub. With its well-developed international trade infrastructure, multilingual workforce, and unbeatable bottom-line business advantages, the state is a logical gateway for companies wishing to access global markets.
Upcoming FFTA Seminars & Events
Information on upcoming Florida Foreign Trade Seminars and Events. Please visit the
for more information.
Better Business Bureau
South Florida Business Journal
City of Hallandale Beach
400 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009