Planning and Zoning Division
MyHB Zoning District
To determine your zoning district, you may use our Interactive Zoning Map. Simply search for your address or parcel folio number, which will activate the zoning layer on the map. Once the address is located within the map the zoning district hyperlink will directly into our Zoning and Land Development Code and parcel id hyperlink will direct you into Broward County Property Appraiser.
Using the Permitted Use Charts
Use the code in the cross-referenced box to find out if the use you would like is permitted:
“P” means a use is a permitted use.
“C” means a use is a conditional use (a use that is allowed on a discretionary and conditional basis in accordance with the conditional use process
“-” means a use is not permitted in that zoning district.
Central RAC Permitted Uses Chart
Permitted Uses by Zoning District Chart
West RAC Permitted Uses Chart
Please note: If your property is located within an overlay district, additional or alternative standards may apply. Zoning overly maps are available on the map page. You may also contact the Planning and Zoning Division at (954) 457-3019 to determine the zoning for your property.
Planning and Zoning will continue to work to provide excellent customer service. Below are interim procedures for submittals to our Planning & Zoning Division In order to prevent the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Procedure for the following Planning and Zoning Division’s application and plan submittal during the COVID-19:
1. Zoning Verification Letter, Address Assignment and Adult Living Facilities Submittals.
Please upload and complete the PDF Form.
- Request for Zoning Verification Letter (ZVL)
- Request for Adult Living Facilities Letters (ADF)
- Request Address Assignments
2. Email Application
- Please email form to the Planning and Zoning Division at:
- An email confirmation will be sent back from the Planning and Zoning Division acknowledging your email has been received and on review.
3. Applications Under Review
Staff will review your application, enter your information into our system which will generate an invoice that will be emailed back to requesting payment.
An invoice will be emailed to you that will need to be paid though our Citizen Self Service (CCS) portal by entering your invoice number.
After you have paid your outstanding invoices. Please email us let us know you invoice has been paid. We will then, send you your request for a ZVL or ADL letter in a letterhead from the City of Hallandale Beach and signed by the Planning Division.
Development Applications and Requirements
The Development Services Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for the coordination of most development permits required by the Land Development Code together with the bodies that review and approve them. The City is committed to continue providing excellent customer service during these times to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Below are interim procedures for submittals of Development Applications (Minor developments, Major developments, variances, rezoning and other zoning applications):
1. Application and Checklist of Land Development Applications
Please visit our Development Process Page for all Development Review applications and their associated review checklist and review fee.
2. Pre-Application Conference
Please schedule a pre-application conference call with the Planning and Zoning Division staff through calendly.com as noted below to discuss your intended application or if you have any questions on the applicable application before filing. This step is not necessary if you already had previous discussions with staff on the application or are familiar with the applicable application process for your project.
3. Online Submittals
- Save all files as PDFs.
- All drawings must be scalable, legible, and in PDF format.
- Upload Separate PDF files for each discipline to review.
- Use the following naming convention for all files: <Project Name>_<DocumentName>_<Address>_<Date>
Documents: Hallandale Project-201 WHBB 9-26-2020 ( ie. application, checklist, cover letter, proof of ownership, other correspondence)
Plans: Hallandale Project_ SitePlans_201WHBB_9-26-2020
Plans: Hallandale Project_ Traffic Study_201WHBB_9-26-2020
Resubmittal: Hallandale Project_ ArchPlans_201WHBB_9-30-2020_ 2nd Review
Resubmittals must be made in the same format as the initial submittal.
- The Planning and Zoning Division may request, by separate email whether a hard copy of your submittal will be required. If so, you can mail or drop off your submittal at the City’s Police Department, Front Desk located at 400 S. Federal Highway Hallandale Beach, FL 33009, Attention: Development Services, Planning and Zoning Division.
4. Email of Application Please email form to the Planning and Zoning Division at: email@example.com. If your documents will exceed capacity to send through regular email, please use the following webpage www.transferbigfiles.com which does not require to setup account. *To avoid any confusion, please use either method to send us your submittal, not both.
An email confirmation will be sent back from the Planning and Zoning Division acknowledging your email has been receive and on review.
5. Staff Review
Staff will review the application and be in direct contact with the Applicant or Authorized Agent(s) listed on the Planning and Zoning’s Application. You may be required to provide additional information or setup a conference call through calendly.com.
Upon review by staff of the application for completeness, an invoice will be emailed to be paid through Citizen Self Service (CCS) portal by entering your invoice number. You may view status of your application by visiting the City’s Citizen Self Service (CCS).
Should you have any questions regarding your application submittal, please feel free to schedule a one-on-one conference call will the Planning and Zoning Division by scheduling an appointment: Luis Fontanills, Zoning Technician
or Christy Dominguez, Principal Planner.
Administrative Variance Applications on Review
As a neighboring property owner, if you have received an Administrative Variance letter is to be informed of a request from an applicant. You can now view our Current Administrative Variance Application and Site plans on review with the Planning and Zoning Division. The notice received has been mailed out to all surrounding property owners within 150 feet of the subject property listed on the notice.
Notification of any protest to the proposed request by a noticed property owner must be submitted by emailing the Planning and Zoning Division atwithin 10 working days from the date of the notice.
Planning and Zoning Division
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Monday -Thursday (Excluding Holidays)
Customers with questions requiring extensive assistance must be in line by 5:00 pm
South Florida Regional Planning Council
Department of Economic Opportunity
American Planning Association (APA)
Broward County Property Appraiser's Office
Broward County Planning Council
Broward County - FEMA (Flood Map)
Interactive Flood Map