Return to Play - Phase Two
The Phase Two partial reopening now includes expanded Park Hours and open amenities. After six months of closure to comply with Broward County Emergency Orders, playgrounds and fitness equipment in Hallandale Beach Parks are now open with guidelines for use.
The City welcomes its residents to enjoy our reopened facilities while adhering to specific guidelines and restrictions. Please help us keep our facilities open by following all guidelines, rules and regulations.
The City welcomes visitors to the Beach with the following guidelines:
- All Beach ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-25, attachment 15, the Beach will be open Sunrise to Sunset for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, surf fishing, picnicking, sunbathing, sitting or lying on the beach). The use of umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, and coolers are permitted if physical distancing measures are in place.
- South City Beach Park and North City Beach Park will be open for Beach Access Sunrise to Sunset.
- Beach Pavilions remain closed.
- Beach Public Parking will remain closed when Miami-Dade and/or Broward Beaches are closed. Public Parking, when open, is available by annual pass, app, or pay by meter. Parking strictly enforced. Parking hours are as follows:
North City Beach Park public parking hours are 7:30am to 7pm. Valet parking at Etaru Restaurant is available after 7pm.
South City Beach Park public parking hours are 7:30am - Dusk. Vehicles left at South City Beach Park after dusk are subject to towing.
- Hallandale Beach Rescue Lifeguards will be on duty 9am - 6pm daily.
- Organized activities, group events, special events, group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football are prohibited.
- Our beach is accessible to everyone. Beach access wheelchairs can be pre-reserved through Beach Rescue.
The City welcomes visitors to Designated Park Facilities with the following guidelines:
- All Park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect. Broward County Emergency Order 20-27, Attachment 8 outlines County Requirements for Parks.
- Park hours are 7:30am - Dusk.
- Parking lots will remain closed to minimize travel and encourage neighborhood use.
- Tennis Courts at OB Johnson Park are Open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm. Tennis& Racquetball Courts at Peter Bluesten Park are open 7:00am - Dusk. A maximum of four people (two on Racquetball) are allowed on the court at any time (singles or doubles play only). Play is first come first serve, reservations are not being accepted.
- The City Marina is open for boat owner access per normal schedule. Guests are prohibited. Marina restrooms shall remain closed to all users.
- The Hallandale Beach Cemetery is open for family visitations that comply with all guidelines and restrictions. Burial Services will continue to be restricted by administrative guidelines.
Off-Leash Dog Park Visitors
The City welcomes visitors to Joseph Scavo Off-Leash Dog Park with the following guidelines:
- The Joseph Scavo Dog Park will be open 7:30am to Dusk daily except for Wednesdays.
- The Joseph Scavo Dog Park will remain closed during inclement weather.
- The Joseph Scavo Dog Park remains closed every Wednesday for maintenance.
- All Dog Park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Visitors may not enter the park if they or their dog are exhibiting symptoms or are sick.
- Visitors may not interact or touch other dogs.
- Visitors must have a facial covering, hand sanitizer, and plan for a short visit. Water for yourself and your Pet as well as disposable gloves are also strongly recommended
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own doggie bags as the dispensers are not sanitized. All waste must be dispose of properly
- The CDC recommends avoiding busy dog parks for the protection of your pet. Enter at your own risk.
- Park visitors are required to enter the parks only through the designated entry/ gate.
- Visitors must follow current emergency orders and CDC guidelines for public areas, personal hygiene, physical distancing, social gatherings, and face coverings.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six (6) feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household.
- Groups gatherings of more than ten are not allowed.
- Visitors are not permitted to use parks if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Play, fitness, and/or exercise equipment may not be brought into the parks.
- Anyone in violation of the guidelines will be instructed to leave the park/ beach and will be prohibited from further use of the park/ beach for the remainder of the day. Refusal to leave upon the instruction of a City staff person or return to the park/ beach after ejection is subject to enforcement as provided in Florida Statutes Chapter 870 and/or Chapter 1, Section 1-8, Code of Ordinances, City of Hallandale Beach, and any other applicable laws.
The following activities and amenities will remain closed. Please prepare for your visit accordingly:
- Community Center/ Facilities
- Picnic Shelters/ Pavilions
- Athletic/ Sports Fields
- Swimming Pool
- Sports Lighting
- Concession Stands
- Water Fountains
- Park Parking Lots
- All organized athletic leagues, games, races, pick-up games and tournaments, recreation programs, events, and facility rentals are suspended
- Social gathering of groups of 11 or more people are not allowed
At this time, the BF James Pool, the Cultural Community Center, Golden Isles Park and Tennis Center (under construction), Gulfstream Academy Athletic Complex, Historic Hallandale School House, Historic Village, Peter Bluesten Park, Teen Garden will remain closed.
For more information visit www.CoHB.org/Corona.
Phase Two Open Parks
BF James Park, 777 NW 1st Ave
Foster Park, 609 NW 8th Ave
Foster Park Plaza, 610 NW 6th Ave
Ingalls Park, 735 SW 1st Ave
Joseph Scavo Park, 900 Three Islands Blvd
OB Johnson Park, 1000 NW 8th Ave
Peter Bluesten Park, 501 SE 1st Ave (Tennis & Racquetball Courts only)
South City Beach Park, 1870 S Ocean Dr
Sunrise Park, 800 NE 5th St
Sunset Park, 814 SW 6th Ave
City Marina, 110 Three Islands Blvd (Boat Owner Access only)
Hallandale Beach Cemetery, 801 NW 6th Ave