Business Tax and Regulations (BTR) Division

Effective Wednesday, August 3, 2022, all City of Hallandale Beach Local Business Tax Receipt applications and renewals must be submitted through the City's Self-Service Portal. If you have recently completed your application and submitted it to the City before August 3rd, that application may be finalized through the self-service portal. We encourage you to create an account so you have access to your application. To create an account click here.

Apply Now 4

If You Have Big Dreams, You've Come to the Right Place! 

The Business Tax and Regulations (BTR) Division is here to answer your questions, and help you navigate topics, such as regulatory registration requirements, licensing, and permitting. 

The City of Hallandale Beach has no single generic business license that will ensure compliance with all requirements. Some businesses may be subject to city, county, state, and federal requirements while others may be subject to fewer requirements. Regulations vary by industry, so it is very important to understand the licensing rules where your business is located.

If you are starting a business that might require a local business tax receipt, we encourage you to visit our “Starting Your Business” page for a quick guide and check out our quick links below on additional services:

Business Tax Receipt Application
Temporary Use Permit _Special Event Permit Application
Extended Hours - Sunday Sales_ Weekend Sales Application
Hotel Registration Application
Filming Activity Permit Application
Nightclub Application

Still, have questions or need help getting started? Connect with our team of experts at (954) 457-2220 Dial OPTION 4 = Business Tax and Regulations  Mondays through Thursdays from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm or via email us for details to your business needs.

It is important to note that failure to comply with licensing and permitting regulations can result in you having to spend time and money to correct the problem and can also lead to expensive fines, putting your business at serious risk. 

You must pay a tax to operate any business within city limits. A business tax receipt is proof of payment and it is required before a business opens. To report any suspected illegal operation of a business in our city by visiting our MyHB App or email us at