Tropical storm Isaias is no longer expected to regain hurricane status as it heads out of our area. We remain under a Tropical Storm Warning and may experience occasional showers, squalls & periodic gusts into early afternoon today.
Residents are reminded to hold on to their sandbags for the remainder of the hurricane & king tide seasons at least. Residents and businesses who received sandbags in preparation for Isaias will not be reissued sandbags.
If sandbags got wet, they can be disposed of during regularly scheduled bulk waste pick-up. DO NOT empty sandbags into the regular trash or onto the beach.
CITY EMERGENCY OPERATIONS
- For Hallandale Beach specific questions, you may call the Hallandale Beach Emergency Operations Center hotline at (954) 457-1489.
Our Hotline is answered until noon today and will resume normal hours Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm tomorrow .
- City crews are out cleaning up minor debris from the storm and preparing the parks for reopening. There are no reports of major damage in the City.
CITY SERVICES UPDATES
- Mini-Bus Shuttle service will continue normal operations.
- Phase One City Parks and the Beach reopened today. Information on Phase One parks and allowed activities is available at www.CoHB.org/ParksReopen The beach is currently under a Red/Purple Flag warning due to strong currents.
- Garbage/Sanitation services resumed today.
- Normal City Operations will resume on Monday August 3rd.