EMERGENCY ORDER UPDATES
- Broward County issued yesterday Broward Emergency Order 20-04 which closes all golf courses, movie theaters, marinas, and boat launches. Additional clarity is given for allowed real estate sales and real property services. Real estate activity in connection with real estate purchases and sale agreements entered into prior to March 22, 2020, are permitted, while observing all CDC guidelines.
- Governor DeSantis issued yesterday State Executive Order 20-89 to provide unified and locally supported direction to Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. This order will require Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach County residents to follow the same directives with respect to essential and non-essential businesses as provided in the executive orders signed by Mayor Gimenez of Miami-Dade County beginning on March 19.
- Governor DeSantis issued yesterday State Executive Order 20-88 to allow recently retired law enforcement an healthcare personnel to immediately return to the workforce.
- DBPR issued emergency Order EO 2020-04 which allows association boards of a condominium, cooperative, or homeowners’ association to exercise certain emergency powers during the state of emergency unless specifically prohibited by the provisions of the association’s governing documents. The order suspends and tolls the timing requirements pertaining to the preparation, submittal, or filing of certain financial reports and statements of a condominium association, cooperative association, or timeshare plan. The order waives the assessment of pilotage earned by harbor pilots for March and April 2020, and extends the deadline for the filing of a harbor pilot’s annual earnings statement from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
- A curfew for non-essential travel remains in effect in the City of Hallandale Beach from 11 PM to 5 AM.
- Hallandale Beach is in the process to release an updated Emergency Declaration to provide better clarity for construction restrictions, stay at home orders, and common area restrictions.
- Essential services continue to operate normally: Police, Fire Rescue, Sanitation, Water Production.
- All illegally parked vehicles parked on private property may be subject to towing by the private property owner. The City is currently not towing vehicles on the right of way unless they are blocking a fire line or fire hydrant. HB Police will always place a red warning sticker on vehicles in violation before the vehicles are towed.
- A telephone town hall will be hosted on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 0730PM. To sign up, please click here.
- Website updates are made on a daily basis to the City’s Official Corona Virus webpage: www.cohb.org/corona
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- Senior VIP Listen Line: You can call (954) 457-1477 24/7 to listen to the latest information from the City of Hallandale Beach read aloud in English or Spanish. Please share this number with your senior friends and family who may prefer listening to the information over the phone instead of reading it online.
- The Hallandale Beach Hotline, (954) 457-1489 is available Monday-Friday 8 AM – 8 PM. Operators are standing by to answer your questions about City operations during an emergency.
- State of Florida Corona Virus Information Hotline is 1-866-779-6121. Use this number for information on coronavirus testing or to speak to an FDOH nurse 24/7.
- Gatherings of large groups of people should be reported to the non-emergency dispatch line at (954) 764-HELP(4357).
- The staff has enabled a new email for the community to report Emergency Order violations: firstname.lastname@example.org. The public may contact code directly at 954-457-1390.
- Report COVID-19 Scams and Fraud to (866) 720-5721
- The City of Hallandale Beach wants to make sure every senior and family with children who are in urgent need of a meal or food during this crisis, get what they need. Please call our partners at ADRC Broward at (954) 745-9779.
- Register to the Broward County Vulnerable Population Registry if you are at risk due to disability, frailty or health issue by calling 954-831-4000.
Follow the Official City Social Media Pages for any updates regarding the COVID19 emergency.