Staff continues to function under emergency operations. Essential services (water production, public safety, sanitation, and emergency operations) continue running normally. Below is a summary of updates for TUESDAY 04/21/2020
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT UPDATES
• As of this afternoon, there are 91 reported COVID-19 cases reported in Hallandale as per the FL Department of Health (FDOH).
• Hallandale Beach Administration is developing strategies for supporting future re-opening initiatives. Municipalities are bound by County and State orders and all Municipal Emergency orders remain in effect until further notice.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT UPDATES
• The COVID-19 Hotline continues to operate with 100% calls answered. The hotline number is (954) 457-1489 and is answered Mon-Fri 8 AM-8 PM.
• The HB Chamber of Commerce will be hosting “Coffee with Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz” and HBCRA Executive Director Jeremy Earle on Thursday, April 23, 2020, at 10 AM.
• On Friday, April 24 at 1230, we will host a zoom town hall meeting for the public to Chat with City Officials. To Join click here
or Dial-in +1 646 558 8656 with Meeting ID: 983 2186 0704. The meeting is publicly noticed and all elected officials are invited to attend and participate.
VULNERABLE POPULATION UPDATES
• Human Services received scheduled weekly Project Lifeline Food Delivery which included additional items such as milk and eggs for registered participants. As a result, staff will host a drive-by truck Distribution on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. About 60 meal bags which include eggs, milk, vegetables, apples, and bread/pastries will be shared with program registrants.
• The After-School Tutorial Enrichment Program continues to provide Virtual Learning to 100 program participants.
• The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) will provide daily updates on the efforts made to address the challenges to Florida’s Reemployment Assistance program in response to COVID-19. To access the State Reemployment Assistance Claims Dashboard, please click here
• Broward County has extended the cancellation of all events at parks, libraries, and other County facilities through May 15, 2020.
• Broward County extends Emergency Order
for seven more days.