BEACH REOPENING UPDATE
Effective May 26th, the City welcomes visitors to the Beach with the following guidelines:
- All Beach ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-13, The Beach will be open Sunrise to Sunset for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running).
- South City Beach Park will be open for walk in Beach Access 7am-6pm.
- North City Beach Park will be open for walk in Beach Access Sunrise to Sunset.
- Beach Amenities including Restrooms and Showers will remain closed.
- Hallandale Beach Lifeguards will be on duty 9am - 6pm daily.
- Furnishings, umbrellas, canopies, tents, chair loungers, coolers, concession style seating, beach chairs and related equipment including beach chairs provided by residential buildings/hotels and concessionaires are prohibited
- Sunbathing, sitting or lying on the beach, organized activities, group events, special events, picnicking, group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football are prohibited.
- Visitors are required to enter the park only through the designated entry/ gate.
- Visitors must follow current emergency orders and CDC guidelines for public areas, personal hygiene, physical distancing, social gatherings, and face coverings.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six (6) feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household.
- Groups of 10 or less will be permitted following physical distancing guidelines.
- Visitors are not permitted to use parks if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Play, fitness, and/or exercise equipment may not be brought into the parks or beach.
- Anyone in violation of the guidelines will be instructed to leave the park/ beach and will be prohibited from further use of the park/ beach for the remainder of the day. Refusal to leave upon the instruction of a City staff person or return to the park/ beach after ejection is subject to enforcement as provided in Florida Statutes Chapter 870 and/or Chapter 1, Section 1-8, Code of Ordinances, City of Hallandale Beach, and any other applicable laws.
Temporary fencing at beachfront condominiums and beach access points will be opened in the morning, as soon as staff is cleared to access the beach by the Broward County Turtle Patrol. The temporary fencing will be secured, open, in place until further notice.
Please share with your residents.
For more information, please visit www.CoHB.org/ParksReopen