City of Hallandale Beach Storm Update 5
Public Information Bulletin 5- Hurricane Dorian
September 2, 2019 5:00 p.m.
STAY PREPARED FOR IMPACT OF HURRICANE DORIAN
The City of Hallandale Beach continues to pay close attention to the storm by following the National Hurricane Center for latest storm information and partnering with the County and State Emergency Management Divisions. Hurricane Dorian has had a very unpredictable path so far, and we must all continue to prepare for sudden changes. We urge residents to stay off the roads and remain indoors until the storm passes.
Here are a few updates:
CITY EMERGENCY OPERATIONS
CITY SERVICES UPDATES
- A State of Emergency for the State, County, and the City of Hallandale Beach remain in effect. Residents may contact our Hallandale Beach EOC Hotline (954) 266-5320 for specific City Information.
- Shelters: Three County Shelters have opened. There are no shelter locations in the City of Hallandale Beach. Please contact the county for more information by dialing 3-1-1. There is no mandatory evacuation order. Shelters are open as an option for those in high-risk areas.
STAY CONNECTED AND INFORMED
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the storm and the variable wind conditions, all City Services, including Sanitation Trash collection services, have been suspended until further notice. We will send out a notification once we return to normal operations.
- Residents should not put bulk items out at this time. Bulk items left out as the storm approaches can become harmful projectiles in high winds. Secure trash bins, containers, and external objects.
- The City Commission Meeting for Wednesday, September 4, 2019, has been canceled.
- City Hall and Non-essential City services remain closed until further notice. The City is staffed and ready to respond to emergencies.
- Mini-Bus Shuttle service remain in regular operation until further notice. If evacuation orders are issued, we are prepared to alter the Mini Bus route to assist residents in evacuating to the closest shelter.
- All Hallandale Beach parks remain closed.
- At 2 PM each day, City staff will broadcast a Facebook Live to share relevant information and answer any questions from constituents. At 5 PM each day, the City will release an official Bulletin Update. We will also post relevant information on the following page: www.cohb.org/Hurricane
- NotifyMe: We would like to reinforce the importance of signing up for updates through our notifyMe system. To register for email notifications, please visit http://cohb.org/notifyme. Residents have the option to receive notifications via email or cell.
- Our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) are the best source for City-specific information. The City of Hallandale Beach will use #HBDorian to provide relevant city operational information via social media channels.
Please be safe and take all necessary precautions.
Follow us on: Twitter | Facebook | www.cohb.org | Report a Concern via our MyHB App